The Eighth International Workshop on Computational Network Biology: Modeling, Analysis, and Control (CNB-MAC 2023) will be held in Houston, Texas, on September 3. The workshop will be organized in conjunction with the 14th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM-BCB 2023), the flagship conference of the ACM SIGBio. The workshop aims to provide an international scientific forum for presenting recent advances in computational network biology that involve modeling, analysis, and control of biological systems and system-oriented analysis of large-scale OMICS data.
CNB-MAC 2023 solicits original research papers that report new research findings that have not been published elsewhere, highlight abstracts that present advances in the field that have been reported in recent journal publications, and poster abstracts for rapid dissemination of the latest research results in computational network biology. The main emphasis of the workshop will be on rigorous mathematical/computational approaches for studying biological networks, systems, and pathways and the analysis of large-scale OMICS data from a systems perspective.
This year, CNB-MAC 2023 will offer events to foster networking and collaboration (including a student mentoring lunch). Additionally, there will be a special panel on the Role of Emerging AI/ML in Computational Network Biology.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Biological network inference
- Modeling and simulation of biological networks
- Multi-scale modeling using networks
- Network-based integration and analysis of OMICS data
- Network-based modeling of microbiome data and interactions
- Network dynamics and network control
- Detection, modeling, and analysis of regulatory modules in biological networks
- Pathways and networks in complex diseases
- Integration of domain knowledge in biological system and data analysis
- Interpretation of network-based predictions in system biology
- Epidemiology and exposure networks
- Networks to model molecular structure and function
- Deep learning algorithms using biological network topology
- Networks in precision medicine (e.g., drug response and drug target prediction)
All paper, highlight, and abstract submissions should be made through the EasyChair online submission system. More information is available on the Submission Page.
[Partner journal] As in previous years, we plan to publish accepted original research papers presented at CNB-MAC 2023 in a partner journal. This year, we are in discussion with the BioMed Center (BMC). More information will be made available on the Submission Page.
Questions? Email email@example.com
[Student Travel Award] We have NSF funding available for graduate and undergraduate students to travel to CNB-MAC. More details are available on the Travel Award page.
[Call For Papers] We welcome submissions of original research articles, highlight abstracts, and poster abstracts. Deadline for original research articles is July 17th. More details are available on the Submission page.
CNB-MAC 2023 abides by the ACM’s Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment for Members and Event Attendees. Details of the policy can be found [here].