The Seventh International Workshop on Computational Network Biology: Modeling, Analysis, and Control (CNB-MAC 2022) will be held in Chicago, Illinois, on August 7. The workshop will be organized in conjunction with the 13th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM-BCB 2022), the flagship conference of the ACM SIGBio. The workshop aims to provide an international scientific forum for presenting recent advances in computational network biology that involve modeling, analysis, and control of biological systems and system-oriented analysis of large-scale OMICS data.
CNB-MAC 2022 solicits original research papers that report new research findings that have not been published elsewhere, highlight abstracts that present advances in the field that have been reported in recent journal publications, and poster abstracts for rapid dissemination of the latest research results in computational network biology. The main emphasis of the workshop will be on rigorous mathematical/computational approaches for studying biological networks, systems, and pathways and the analysis of large-scale OMICS data from a systems perspective. New this year, CNB-MAC 2022 will offer events to foster networking and collaboration (including a mentoring session and a roundtable discussion).
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Inference of biological networks
- Modeling and simulation of biological networks
- Multi-scale modeling of human-microbiome-environment interactions
- Network-based analysis of OMICS data
- Network dynamics and network control (e.g., intervention strategies)
- Detection, modeling, and analysis of regulatory modules in biological networks
- Network-based prediction of drug response and potential drug targets
- Pathways and networks in complex diseases
- Incorporation of prior knowledge in biological system and data analysis
- Epidemiology and exposure networks
- Networks to model molecular structure and function
- Network architectures in deep learning applications
- Networks in precision medicine
All paper, highlight, and abstract submissions should be made through the EasyChair online submission system. More information is available on the Submission Page.
[Partner journal] As in previous years, we plan to publish accepted original research papers presented at CNB-MAC 2022 in a partner journal. This year, we are partnering with the Journal of Computational Biology (JCB). More information is available on the Submission Page.
Questions? Email email@example.com
[Congrats to CNB-MAC Travel Awardees] Eight students received support for CNB-MAC travel.
[Schedule & Presenter Instructions] are available at https://cnbmac.org/cnb-mac-2022-schedule/
CNB-MAC 2022 abides by the ACM’s Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment for Members and Event Attendees. Details of the policy can be found [here].
We will be following the same COVID-19 precautions as ACM-BCB 2022. The conference will follow Chicago’s requirements for masking indoors. As of July 26, 2022, there is no requirement to mask indoors, though we strongly encourage attendees to do so. More information about COVID-19 status is available on chicago.gov.